Milwaukee 2733-20 M18 FUEL 7-1/4-Inch Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw Review
- November 21, 2023
- 0 comment
Explore the precision and innovation of the Milwaukee 2733-20 M18 FUEL 7-1/4-Inch Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw. Craftsmen and DIY enthusiasts alike are constantly on the lookout for tools that seamlessly marry accuracy with user-friendly design, and this Milwaukee offering promises just that. With a unique blend of sliding compound capabilities and dual bevel functionality, this power tool redefines the expectations of precision and efficiency in the workshop. Bearing the reputable Milwaukee name and featuring their signature FUEL technology, the 2733-20 not only delivers robust performance but also liberates users with the cordless convenience of the M18 battery platform. As we embark on a closer look at the features and capabilities of this miter saw, it becomes apparent that Milwaukee has crafted more than just a tool – they’ve engineered a precision instrument poised to elevate woodworking projects to unparalleled heights.
What You Need To Know About Milwaukee 2733-20 M18 FUEL 7-1/4-Inch Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
The Milwaukee 2733-20 M18 FUEL 7-1/4-Inch Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw is a powerhouse of innovation, meticulously designed to meet the demanding needs of professional carpenters and remodelers. This cordless marvel is equipped with a POWERSTATE Brushless motor and relies on the M18 REDLITHIUM XC5.0 battery, delivering not just portability but an impressive over 600 cuts per charge for an uninterrupted day of productivity on the jobsite. Weighing only 28 lbs with the battery, it claims the title of the lightest saw in its class, ensuring easy maneuverability without compromising on power. The dual bevel functionality sets it apart, providing users with a seamless and efficient way to make a variety of cuts without the need to flip or turn the workpiece. With a high-speed steel blade, 60 teeth, and a compact design, this Milwaukee miter saw is not just a tool; it’s a precision-engineered solution that redefines the standards of performance, convenience, and durability in the world of woodworking.
|Tool Warranty||5 Years|
|No Load RPM||5,000 RPM|
|Maximum Bevel Capacity||48 / 48|
|Weight with battery||28 lbs|
- Dual Bevel Design: The saw is the only one in its class to offer dual bevel functionality, allowing users to make quick, repeatable, and accurate angle cuts without the need to flip or turn the workpiece. This unique feature enhances efficiency on the jobsite.
- Lightest Weight: Weighing merely 28 lbs with the M18 REDLITHIUM XC5.0 Battery Pack, it holds the title of the lightest saw in its class. This feature ensures unparalleled portability without compromising on power, making it easier for users to transport the tool.
- Over 600 Cuts on One M18 Pack: The combination of the POWERSTATE Brushless motor and M18 REDLITHIUM Battery Pack delivers an exceptional number of cuts per charge, providing users with extended run-time on a single charge and eliminating the need for frequent recharging.
- Integrated Top and Side Carry Handles: Designed for easy transportation, the saw features both top and side handles, contributing to its user-friendly and portable design.
- Cam Locking Miter Detent System: This unique system ensures secure and precise miter angle adjustments, adding to the overall accuracy and ease of use of the tool.
- Shadow Cut Line Indicator: A distinct feature that aids users in quickly lining up their cuts with precision, contributing to improved accuracy in every woodworking project.
- Compact Design with Versatile Cutting Capacities: Despite its lightweight design, the saw offers versatile cutting capabilities, including a 3-1/2” vertical capacity (base against fence), 2×8 horizontal capacity when lying flat at 90°, and a 3-5/8” nested crown capacity.
- Cordless Convenience: Operating on the M18 battery platform, the saw eliminates the need for extension cords, providing users with the freedom to move and work without constraints.
Design and Build Quality
Designed with meticulous precision and durability as top priorities, this saw features integrated top and side carry handles that contribute to its user-friendly design. Despite its compact size, the saw refuses to compromise on cutting capacities, ensuring versatility across a spectrum of woodworking applications.
The user-friendly elements, embodied by the thoughtful integration of handles, speak to the saw’s commitment to providing a seamless and efficient experience for users. This balance of compactness and robust cutting capabilities makes it a versatile tool, ready to meet the diverse demands of woodworking projects with ease.
Performance and Efficiency
Ensuring a harmonious blend of efficiency and consistency, the brushless motor paired with a high-capacity battery delivers steadfast and reliable performance. This dynamic duo not only propels the saw through various tasks with ease but also lays the foundation for a consistently efficient operation.
Adding to its prowess, the dual bevel functionality goes beyond just simplifying the cutting process; it becomes a catalyst for heightened productivity on the jobsite. By providing a seamless and quick method for making a variety of cuts without the need for constant adjustments, the saw becomes an invaluable asset for professionals and craftsmen seeking to optimize their workflow and achieve precise results.
At the forefront of precision lies the cam locking miter detent system, ensuring secure and precise adjustments to miter angles. This system not only guarantees stability but also contributes to the accuracy that is paramount in achieving finely tuned mitered cuts.
Contributing to the precision arsenal, the shadow cut line indicator becomes instrumental in aligning cuts with outstanding accuracy. It accomplishes this by projecting a distinct shadow onto the work surface, acting as a visual guide that empowers users to execute cuts with confidence and meticulous attention to detail. Collectively, these attributes enhance the saw’s capability, ensuring not only secure adjustments but also a precision level that meets the discerning standards of craftsmen.
Emphasizing the utmost priority on safety, this miter saw stands out with its thoughtful design elements and integrated safety features. These components collectively instill confidence during operation, enabling users to concentrate fully on the task at hand without unnecessary concerns.
The meticulous attention to safety is evident in the well-thought-out design and the inclusion of features dedicated to protecting users during operation. This commitment to safety not only enhances the overall user experience but also underscores the saw’s reliability as a tool that prioritizes the well-being of those who operate it.
From framing to fine woodworking, the Milwaukee 2733-20 finds its place in various applications. Its versatility in making intricate cuts, coupled with its portability, makes it an invaluable asset for both professionals and DIY enthusiasts. Here are some common applications where this miter saw excels:
- Carpentry and Framing: The saw’s ability to make precise and angled cuts, combined with its dual bevel functionality, makes it ideal for carpentry and framing projects. Whether cutting framing lumber or creating intricate joints, this saw offers the accuracy needed for professional results.
- Trim and Molding Work: The saw’s capacity for making precise miter cuts is well-suited for trim and molding installations. The dual bevel design eliminates the need to flip or turn the workpiece, streamlining the process of creating seamless joints and angles in trim work.
- Cabinet Making: Cabinet makers benefit from the saw’s accuracy and versatility when crafting intricate components for cabinets and furniture. The ability to make bevel cuts without adjusting the material adds efficiency to the cabinet-making process.
- Deck Building: For constructing decks and outdoor structures, the Milwaukee 2733-20 excels in cutting various materials, including pressure-treated lumber. Its portability and cordless design make it convenient for outdoor job sites where power sources may be limited.
- Flooring Installation: Precision cuts are crucial in flooring installations, and the Milwaukee 2733-20 ensures accuracy when cutting flooring materials, such as hardwood or laminate, at different angles.
- DIY Woodworking Projects: Whether you’re a hobbyist or a DIY enthusiast, this miter saw is a valuable tool for a wide range of woodworking projects. From crafting furniture to building shelving units, its versatility caters to different skill levels and project types.
- Job Site Flexibility: The cordless design of the saw enhances its mobility, making it a practical choice for job sites where access to power outlets might be challenging. This feature allows professionals to work efficiently in various locations.
Ease of Maintenance
Maintaining the saw is a straightforward process, ensuring consistent performance over time. Regular checks and blade maintenance contribute to its longevity.
- Regular Cleaning Sessions: Just like any hardworking tool, the Milwaukee 2733-20 appreciates a good cleaning. Take a few minutes after each use to clear away dust and debris. It not only keeps the saw looking sharp but also ensures smooth operation.
- Check and Tighten Fasteners: Before diving into a new project, give your saw a quick once-over. Check for any loose nuts, bolts, or screws. Tightening up any potential wiggles ensures your cuts stay precise and secure.
- Blade Care: Keep it sharp by following the manufacturer’s guidelines for blade maintenance. If you notice any dulling or chipping, it might be time for a replacement to maintain those clean cuts.
- Battery TLC: For a cordless wonder like the Milwaukee 2733-20, the battery is the lifeblood. Be mindful of the battery’s charge level and recharge it as needed. Consider having a spare battery on hand for those longer projects, ensuring uninterrupted workflow.
- Storage Wisdom: When the day’s work is done, find a cozy spot for your saw. Store it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. If you’re a bit sentimental like me, throw a protective cover over it to keep it dust-free between uses.
- Mindful Handling: Treat your saw with the care it deserves. Avoid unnecessary jostling or rough handling. If you’re transporting it to different job sites, secure it properly to prevent any bumps or bruises.
- Calibration Checks: Precision is the name of the game with a miter saw. Periodically check and recalibrate the settings to ensure your saw stays true to its angles. This extra step guarantees your cuts are as accurate as the day you brought the saw home.
- Stay in the User Manual Loop: Think of the user manual as your tool’s best friend. Keep it handy for quick reference on maintenance procedures, troubleshooting tips, and any specific care instructions. It’s like having a friendly guide always ready to assist.
Price and Value for Money
At first glance, the upfront cost may appear substantial, but delving into the capabilities of the Milwaukee 2733-20 reveals exceptional value for your money. The array of unique features, coupled with its remarkable portability and precision, positions this miter saw as a wise investment for individuals deeply committed to their woodworking endeavors.
Considering the long-term benefits and the quality of craftsmanship it facilitates, the initial expense transforms into a meaningful investment. The Milwaukee 2733-20 stands out as a tool that not only aligns with your woodworking aspirations but also adds lasting value to your projects, making every dollar spent a worthwhile contribution to the pursuit of woodworking excellence.
Is it Worth it to Buy?
Certainly, there’s no denying the Milwaukee 2733-20’s worthiness of its price tag. With its innovative dual bevel design, unmatched portability, and cutting-edge features, it emerges as the go-to option for individuals who place a premium on quality and efficiency in their workshop.
This miter saw transcends mere functionality; it embodies a commitment to craftsmanship and precision. For those who recognize the value of investing in a tool that not only meets but exceeds expectations, the Milwaukee 2733-20 stands as a testament to the notion that every penny spent is an investment in elevating the standards of woodworking excellence.
Pros and Cons
- Dual bevel design for efficient angle cuts.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Over 600 cuts per charge.
- Cam locking miter detent system for precise adjustments.
- Versatile applications in woodworking.
- Initial cost might be higher compared to some competitors.
- Limited blade size compared to larger miter saws.
|Feature||Milwaukee 2733-20||DeWalt T22566|
|Bevel Capacity (45°)||48° / 48°||45°|
|Miter Capacity (45°)||50° / 60°||4″ x 8″|
|Vertical Capacity (base against fence)||3-1/2″||6-3/4″|
|Horizontal Capacity (lying flat at 90°)||2×8||13-7/8″|
|Weight with Battery||28 lbs||56 lbs|
|No Load RPM||5,000||3800 RPM|
|Dust Collection System||No||Yes (captures over 75% of dust)|
|XPS Cross-Cut Alignment System||No||Yes|
|Average Price||$514.26 to $655.49||$699.00 to $750.50|
DeWalt T22566 12″ Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
The DeWalt T22566 12″ Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw emerges as a powerhouse in the world of woodworking, boasting a robust 12-inch blade and corded operation for maximum cutting capacity and precision. With a bevel capacity of 45 degrees, a 4″ x 8″ miter capacity, and impressive vertical and horizontal cutting capabilities, it stands as a top-tier option for those who demand unparalleled cutting performance. The inclusion of the XPS cross-cut alignment system and an efficient dust collection system enhances accuracy and cleanliness in every cut. While its weight may be on the heavier side at 56 lbs, the DeWalt T22566’s stellar features make it a worthy investment for professionals and enthusiasts who prioritize raw cutting power and meticulous precision in their woodworking projects.
Milwaukee 2733-20: The Milwaukee 2733-20 shines in the realm of portability with its cordless design and lightweight build. Its dual bevel functionality and impressive RPM make it a versatile choice for those who prioritize mobility without compromising cutting power. With a lower average price range, it offers a compelling option for users on a budget.
DeWalt T22566: The DeWalt T22566, boasting a robust 12″ blade and corded power, is a heavyweight in the cutting capacity department. Its XPS Cross-Cut Alignment System and efficient dust collection set it apart in terms of precision and cleanliness. While heavier, it caters to users seeking maximum cutting capability and accuracy, with a higher average price that reflects its premium features.
In this face-off between the Milwaukee 2733-20 and the DeWalt T22566, the choice ultimately hinges on your priorities. If you value cordless convenience, portability, and a budget-friendly option, the Milwaukee 2733-20 is a strong contender. Conversely, if you prioritize raw cutting power, larger blade size, and top-notch precision features, the DeWalt T22566 stands as a robust choice despite a higher price tag. Both models offer distinct advantages, ensuring that your final decision aligns with your specific woodworking needs and preferences.
The Milwaukee 2733-20 M18 FUEL 7-1/4-Inch Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw has not only met but exceeded my expectations, earning its place as a top-tier tool in the workshop. With its unique features, precision engineering, and remarkable efficiency, it proves indispensable for both seasoned professionals and DIY enthusiasts. This miter saw stays true to its commitment, delivering exceptional performance and unwavering reliability. For those serious about their craft, the Milwaukee 2733-20 stands as a valuable investment that will undoubtedly elevate woodworking projects to new heights.
- Can the Milwaukee 2733-20 M18 FUEL 7-1/4-Inch Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw handle heavy-duty materials?
Absolutely. This miter saw is a powerhouse designed for professional carpenters and remodelers, making light work of heavy-duty materials with precision.
- Does the dual bevel design add complexity to the cutting process?
Not at all. In fact, it simplifies it. The dual bevel functionality allows for quick, accurate angle cuts without the need to flip or turn the workpiece, streamlining the entire cutting process.
- How does the Milwaukee 2733-20 ensure safety during operation?
Safety is a top priority. The saw is equipped with a cam locking miter detent system for secure and precise adjustments, along with a shadow cut line indicator for added accuracy in every cut.
- Is the Milwaukee 2733-20 suitable for fine woodworking tasks that require intricate detailing?
Absolutely. The saw’s precision shines through in fine woodworking. The cam locking miter detent system ensures intricate detailing, making it a reliable choice for delicate projects.
- Can I use this miter saw for tasks other than woodworking, such as metal cutting?
While it’s primarily designed for woodworking, its versatility extends to various materials. For optimal results, it’s recommended to use the appropriate blade for specific materials.
- How easy is it to transport the Milwaukee 2733-20 to different job sites?
Effortlessly easy. Weighing only 28 lbs with the M18 REDLITHIUM XC5.0 Battery Pack and featuring integrated top and side carry handles, this saw is designed with portability in mind.
- What kind of maintenance does the Milwaukee 2733-20 require for optimal performance? Maintenance is straightforward. Regular checks and blade maintenance are essential to ensure consistent performance. Milwaukee provides clear guidelines in the user manual for hassle-free upkeep.
- Can the Milwaukee 2733-20 handle bevel cuts at various angles?
Absolutely. The dual bevel design allows for bevel cuts at various angles, providing flexibility in your projects. It includes stops at 45° and 48° for precise and repeatable bevel cuts.
As we wrap up our exploration of the Milwaukee 2733-20 M18 FUEL 7-1/4-Inch Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw, envision not just a tool but a woodworking ally. With its cutting-edge dual bevel design, unparalleled portability, and the ability to effortlessly handle over 600 cuts on a single charge, it asserts itself as an indispensable companion for professionals and DIY enthusiasts alike. Meticulously crafted for precision and passion, choosing the Milwaukee 2733-20 isn’t a mere acquisition; it’s a commitment to enhancing the finesse and efficiency of your woodworking projects. Until your next cut, let this saw be the driving force behind your craftsmanship journey.
Greetings! I'm Benjamin Brooks, and my journey over the past 15 years has revolved around the fascinating realms of content creation, expertise in snow clearing, and the intricate world of lumberjacking and woodworking. What began as a simple curiosity about the natural world and heavy machinery has evolved into a passionate profession where my love for crafting words intertwines seamlessly with my snow clearing and woodwork skills.