Milwaukee M18 FUEL 12” Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw Review
- December 8, 2023
- 0 comment
Introducing the Milwaukee 2739-20 M18 FUEL 12” Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw – a powerhouse in the realm of precision woodworking tools. Crafted with the discerning craftsman in mind, this innovative tool seamlessly combines cutting-edge technology with robust design to redefine the art of precision cutting. As a part of Milwaukee’s M18 FUEL lineup, it not only harnesses the freedom of cordless mobility but also leverages the efficiency of a dual bevel sliding compound miter saw. From intricate crown molding to precise framing, the 2739-20 is engineered to deliver unparalleled accuracy and versatility. Join us as we delve into the features that set this miter saw apart, providing a closer look at how it empowers woodworking enthusiasts to elevate their craftsmanship to new heights.
What You Need To Know Milwaukee 2739-20 M18 FUEL 12” Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
The Milwaukee 2739-20 M18 FUEL 12” Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw leads the forefront of state-of-the-art woodworking tools, setting new benchmarks for both power and portability. Crafted with precision for professional carpenters, remodelers, and general contractors, this cordless gem delivers the robust performance of 15-amp corded saws while maintaining a remarkable 15% lighter profile than its competitors. Boasting a 12-inch capacity akin to corded counterparts, it empowers users to tackle critical applications with unprecedented efficiency. Propelled by the dynamic synergy of a POWERSTATE Brushless Motor and REDLINK PLUS Tool Intelligence, and powered by M18 REDLITHIUM batteries, this miter saw effortlessly handles the toughest tasks with the added convenience of cordless freedom. Representing Milwaukee’s unwavering dedication to innovation, the 2739-20 stands as an essential tool for those who demand nothing short of excellence in their craft.
|No Load Speed (RPM)
|Vertical Capacity (Against Fence)
- Cordless Mobility: The saw operates cordlessly, providing unparalleled freedom of movement on the jobsite without sacrificing power.
- 15% Lighter Design: Designed to be up to 15% lighter than competing corded saws, enhancing portability and reducing user fatigue during extended use.
- PowerSTATE Brushless Motor: The saw is equipped with a powerful and efficient brushless motor, purpose-built for the M18 FUEL 12-inch miter saw to ensure optimal performance and longevity.
- REDLINK PLUS Tool Intelligence: Incorporates advanced tool intelligence for optimal communication between the batteries and the tool, ensuring protection and maximizing performance during heavy applications.
- M18 REDLITHIUM Batteries: Powered by Milwaukee’s M18 REDLITHIUM batteries, providing long-lasting and reliable power to the saw.
- Up to 330 Cuts Per Charge: With the use of the REDLITHIUM HIGH OUTPUT HD12.0 Battery, the saw can deliver an impressive 330 cuts in 3-1/4” baseboard on a single charge.
- Shadow Cut Line LED Light: Features a Shadow Cut Line LED light for improved cutting accuracy by providing a clear and visible cutting line.
- Adjustable Stainless Steel Detent Plate: The detent plate is adjustable, allowing for precise and customizable cutting angles to meet specific project requirements.
- Cam Locking Miter System: The cam-locking miter system ensures secure and easy adjustment of miter angles, providing stability during operation.
- Integrated Handles: Designed with integrated top and side carry handles for easy transportation and maneuverability on the jobsite.
- ONE-KEY Compatibility: The saw is ONE-KEY compatible, allowing users to track and manage the tool through the ONE-KEY app for enhanced customization and security.
- Tall Sliding/Removable Fences: The saw features tall sliding and removable fences, providing support for large base and crown materials, expanding cutting capacity
Design and Build Quality
Craftsmanship is a key consideration, and the 2739-20 M18 FUEL 12” Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw lives up to the standard. Its dual bevel and sliding compound design significantly contribute to its versatility, allowing users to tackle a wide range of woodworking tasks with ease. The overall build of the tool imparts a sense of sturdiness, instilling confidence in its durability and long-term performance. Additionally, the intuitive design, complete with easy-carry side handles, not only enhances its functionality but also makes transporting the saw from one job site to another a straightforward and hassle-free process.
Beyond its robust build and thoughtful design, the Milwaukee 2739-20 embodies the essence of a reliable woodworking companion. Whether you’re navigating intricate cuts or transporting the tool to various locations, its craftsmanship and user-friendly features make it a standout choice for professionals and enthusiasts alike.
Performance and Efficiency
In terms of performance, the Milwaukee 2739-20 M18 FUEL 12” Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw means business. It matches the power of 15-amp corded tools, effortlessly handling various materials for precise and easy cuts. Its robust capabilities shine through as it smoothly tackles a range of woodworking tasks, proving its competence in demanding applications.
What sets it apart even more is its impressive efficiency in terms of cuts per charge. The 2739-20 takes the lead by delivering up to 330 cuts on a single charge, especially when paired with the REDLITHIUM HIGH OUTPUT HD12.0 Battery. This exceptional battery performance turns the miter saw into a reliable workhorse, ensuring uninterrupted productivity. Whether you’re working on extensive projects or navigating intricate cuts, the Milwaukee 2739-20 distinguishes itself as a trustworthy and high-performing tool that doesn’t compromise on efficiency.
In woodworking, precision is a must, and the Milwaukee 2739-20 M18 FUEL 12” Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw takes this seriously. It focuses on achieving top-notch accuracy, evident in features like the adjustable stainless steel detent plate and the cam-locking miter system. These features work together to give users a tool that allows precise adjustments, ensuring each cut meets the exact specifications needed for detailed woodworking projects.
Enhancing precision further is the Shadow Cut Line LED light, a thoughtful addition that improves visibility and guides users along the cutting path. This technology not only lights up the work surface but also contributes to the overall accuracy of the cuts. With these features, the Milwaukee 2739-20 becomes a go-to tool for woodworkers tackling projects that require the utmost precision and attention to detail.
Safety is a top priority, and Milwaukee has built in practical safety features into the tool’s design. Knowing that you’re using a tool that cares about your safety and the long-term durability of the equipment provides an added sense of confidence. The careful attention to safety is visible in different aspects of the Milwaukee 2739-20 M18 FUEL 12” Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw, ensuring users can tackle tasks with assurance without compromising their well-being.
Beyond prioritizing user safety, the design also considers the tool’s longevity. Milwaukee recognizes the value of a durable tool for both professionals and hobbyists. By integrating safety measures that contribute to the overall sturdiness of the miter saw, Milwaukee not only enhances the user experience in terms of safety but also guarantees the tool’s endurance, establishing it as a dependable companion for various woodworking projects.
Versatility is a key consideration, and the 2739-20 shines here. From basic carpentry to complex woodworking tasks, its dual bevel and sliding compound capabilities open up a world of possibilities. Here are some common applications:
- Framing and Carpentry: Perfect for framing projects, this miter saw excels in cutting framing lumber accurately, catering to the needs of carpenters working on structural elements.
- Trimming: Its precision and adjustable features make it a go-to tool for trim work. Whether it’s baseboards, crown molding, or other decorative trims, the saw ensures clean and precise cuts.
- Crosscutting and Mitering: The saw is adept at making accurate crosscuts at different angles and mitering, providing flexibility for a wide array of woodworking applications.
- Cabinet Making: Woodworkers engaged in crafting cabinets benefit from the miter saw’s ability to handle both large and small pieces of wood, ensuring precision in construction.
- Deck Building: Its portability and power make it an excellent choice for deck builders. From cutting deck boards to framing materials, the miter saw streamlines the construction process.
- Renovation Projects: Whether it’s fitting materials during renovations or making modifications to existing structures, the miter saw’s versatility proves invaluable for renovation projects.
- Furniture Construction: Crafting furniture demands precise cuts, and the miter saw’s accuracy ensures components fit seamlessly during assembly, making it indispensable for furniture makers.
- DIY Home Improvement: From crafting shelves to building small structures, the miter saw is a versatile tool for DIY enthusiasts engaged in home improvement projects.
- Flooring Installation: Installing wood or laminate flooring requires precision, and the miter saw is an excellent choice for achieving accurate and clean cuts.
- Outdoor Woodworking: Its cordless design makes it convenient for outdoor projects, such as building garden structures, fences, or pergolas, expanding its utility beyond indoor applications.
The Milwaukee 2739-20 M18 FUEL 12” Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw’s adaptability, power, and precision make it an essential tool for a diverse range of woodworking applications, ensuring efficiency and accuracy in every project.
Keeping tools in top shape is crucial, and the 2739-20 simplifies maintenance. Accessing components is straightforward, minimizing downtime and ensuring the tool stays in peak condition. Here are some practical tips to keep it in top-notch condition:
- Regular Cleaning: After every use, take a few minutes to clean off sawdust and debris. A quick wipe-down with a clean cloth or a blast of compressed air keeps the tool running smoothly.
- Blade Care: Check the blade regularly for any signs of wear, chipping, or dullness. If needed, sharpen or replace the blade to ensure clean and precise cuts.
- Lubrication: Keep moving parts lubricated to maintain smooth operation. A light application of oil to the slides and pivot points goes a long way in preventing friction.
- Inspect Cords and Batteries: For corded models, regularly check the power cord for any damage. If you’re using the cordless version, keep an eye on battery health and charge it as needed to maintain optimal performance.
- Adjustment Checks: Periodically verify the accuracy of miter and bevel angles. If adjustments are needed, follow the manufacturer’s guidelines for recalibration.
- Storage Considerations: Store the miter saw in a dry and secure place when not in use. This helps prevent dust accumulation and protects it from potential damage.
- Safety First: Always adhere to safety guidelines provided in the user manual. Regularly inspect safety features, such as blade guards and safety switches, to ensure they are functioning correctly.
- Transportation Precautions: If you need to move the saw to different job sites, secure it properly during transportation. Use the built-in handles, and consider a carrying case for added protection.
- One-Key App Updates: If your model is equipped with ONE-KEY™ technology, stay updated on firmware and software releases through the app. Keeping the tool’s technology current ensures you benefit from the latest features and improvements.
- Professional Inspection: If you notice any unusual sounds, vibrations, or performance issues, don’t hesitate to consult a professional. It’s better to address any potential problems early on to prevent further damage.
Remember, maintaining your Milwaukee 2739-20 M18 FUEL 12” Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw regularly not only ensures its longevity but also contributes to consistent, reliable performance during every woodworking project.
Price and Value for Money
Let’s discuss the price point. Acquiring the Milwaukee 2739-20 M18 FUEL 12” Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw is undoubtedly an investment. However, it’s essential to consider this cost in relation to the advanced technology, cordless convenience, and precision it delivers. When you weigh these features against the price, the tool’s value becomes clear, especially for those dedicated to improving their woodworking skills.
Breaking down the cost and comparing it to the benefits, the Milwaukee 2739-20 goes beyond being a simple purchase; it’s an investment in enhanced capabilities and efficiency. For serious craftsmen seeking a tool with cutting-edge features and the freedom of cordless operation, the price is a justified aspect of the overall value. It’s an investment that pays off through precise cuts, advanced technology, and the flexibility to handle woodworking projects with a tool designed to elevate your craftsmanship.
Is it Worth it to Buy?
Woodworking enthusiasts valuing precision, efficiency, and workshop flexibility will find the Milwaukee 2739-20 to be a worthwhile investment. More than a tool, this miter saw exemplifies Milwaukee’s innovation, delivering a practical solution crafted for discerning craftsmen.
The Milwaukee 2739-20 is designed for individuals valuing not just a saw but a tool that aligns with their commitment to craftsmanship. Prioritizing precision, guarantees accurate cuts, streamlining woodworking tasks for enhanced efficiency. Additionally, its workshop mobility adds appeal for those seeking a tool that seamlessly fits into their creative process. Investing in the Milwaukee 2739-20 goes beyond acquiring equipment; it’s about embracing a tool that comprehends and enhances the woodworking craft.
Pros and Cons
- Enhanced Maneuverability: The cordless design of the Milwaukee 2739-20 M18 FUEL 12” Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw provides unmatched maneuverability on the jobsite, allowing users to move freely without the constraints of a power cord.
- Precision Illumination: The Shadow Cut Line LED light not only enhances cutting accuracy but also serves as a unique feature, ensuring a clear and well-lit cutting path for improved visibility and precision.
- Adjustable Detent Plate: The adjustable stainless steel detent plate stands out as a unique pro, offering users the ability to fine-tune cutting angles with precision, catering to the specific demands of diverse woodworking projects.
- Cam-Locking Stability: The cam-locking miter system not only facilitates easy adjustments but also provides exceptional stability during operation, ensuring that the chosen angles remain secure and accurate throughout the cutting process.
- Innovative ONE-KEY Compatibility: The ONE-KEY compatibility is a standout feature, enabling users to track and manage their tool through a dedicated app. This unique capability adds an extra layer of convenience and security to the user experience.
- Battery Dependency: As a cordless tool, the Milwaukee 2739-20 relies on batteries for power. While this provides mobility, it may pose a limitation for users without access to additional batteries, especially during prolonged use.
- Initial Investment: The innovative features and advanced technology come at a cost, making this miter saw a relatively higher initial investment. While it offers excellent value for professionals, it may be less appealing to budget-conscious consumers.
- Learning Curve for ONE-KEY: While the ONE-KEY compatibility is a unique advantage, users may experience a learning curve when integrating this technology into their workflow, potentially requiring additional time for familiarization.
- Weight Consideration: Despite being lighter than many corded saws, the weight of 47.6 pounds may be considered relatively heavy for some users, impacting overall portability, especially for those who prioritize lightweight tools.
- Limited Battery Compatibility: The saw requires specific M18 REDLITHIUM batteries for optimal performance, limiting compatibility with other battery systems and potentially necessitating an investment in additional batteries for extended use.
|POWERSTATE™ Brushless Motor
|15 Amp Motor
|Yes (Axial-Glide System)
|3-1/2 In. x 13-1/2 In. (0° Miter 0° Bevel)
|Yes (Category best 90%)
|Yes (M18™ REDLITHIUM™ batteries)
|Yes (Axial-Glide System)
|Bevel Angle Range
|48° left/48° right
|47° left/47° right
|Miter Angle Range
|55° left/60° right
|52° left/60° right
|Shadow Cut Line LED Light
|Adjustable Stainless Steel Detent Plate
|Cam-Locking Miter System
|$699.00 to $710.99
|$582.97 to $650.99
BOSCH GCM12SD 12″ Dual-Bevel Sliding Glide Miter Saw
The BOSCH GCM12SD 12″ Dual-Bevel Sliding Glide Miter Saw stands as a robust and precise woodworking tool, catering to the needs of discerning craftsmen. Powered by a 15 Amp motor, this saw delivers a formidable performance, ensuring quick and accurate cuts across various materials. The exclusive Axial-Glide System sets it apart, offering wider cross-cuts, enhanced alignment, and a smooth glide throughout the tool’s lifespan. With dual bevel and sliding compound functionalities, the BOSCH GCM12SD provides versatility for a range of woodworking applications. Noteworthy features include a 90% dust collection rate, ergonomic design with a soft-grip ambidextrous handle, and an integrated expanding base for substantial material support. The competitive pricing, ranging from $582.97 to $650.99, makes the BOSCH GCM12SD an attractive choice for those who prioritize precision, efficiency, and value in their woodworking endeavors.
In assessing the Milwaukee 2739-20 and BOSCH GCM12SD, it’s evident that these miter saws cater to distinct needs in the woodworking domain. The Milwaukee model shines in its portability, thanks to the M18 REDLITHIUM batteries, offering a cordless operation that suits various job sites. On the contrary, the BOSCH GCM12SD boasts the exclusive Axial-Glide System, providing wider cross-cuts and enhanced alignment for precise performance.
The Milwaukee 2739-20’s POWERSTATE Brushless Motor and lighter weight at 45 lbs makes it a compelling choice for those seeking agility without compromising power. In contrast, the BOSCH GCM12SD, with its 15 Amp motor, excels in robust performance, albeit at a heavier weight of 65 lbs.
Both models share dual bevel and sliding compound functionalities, ensuring versatility in woodworking applications. The Milwaukee 2739-20, however, introduces innovative features like an LED light and Shadow Cut Line for enhanced visibility and precision.
Dust collection is a strong suit for both models, with the BOSCH achieving a notable 90% collection rate. The Milwaukee’s cordless operation adds an extra layer of convenience for users prioritizing mobility.
Considering the average prices, the Milwaukee 2739-20 falls in the range of $699.00 to $710.99, while the BOSCH GCM12SD is priced between $582.97 and $650.99. The decision between these models depends on individual preferences and specific woodworking needs.
The Milwaukee 2739-20 and BOSCH GCM12SD present compelling options for woodworkers, each excelling in different aspects. The Milwaukee model emphasizes portability and cordless freedom, ideal for those on the move. Meanwhile, the BOSCH model prioritizes precision with its Axial-Glide System and offers an attractive price point. Consider your woodworking priorities and budget to make an informed decision between these two high-performing miter saws.
- Miter Saw Guide: Single VS Dual Bevel
- How to Adjust a Miter Saw for Accurate Cuts
- How To Build A Miter Saw Station
- 7 DIY Miter Saw Station Plans For Your Workshop
In final evaluation, the Milwaukee 2739-20 M18 FUEL 12” Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw stands out as a noteworthy choice for serious woodworkers. Its commitment to precision, coupled with cutting-edge technology and the freedom of cordless operation, distinguishes it in the realm of woodworking tools. While not universally tailored to every workshop’s requirements, its versatility and efficient performance make it a transformative investment for those prioritizing top-notch functionality. With a combination of features, including the convenience of cordless use and durable construction, that outweigh minor drawbacks, the Milwaukee 2739-20 emerges as a reliable and high-performing tool. In essence, it reflects a level of innovation that seamlessly aligns with the discerning needs of craftsmen, making it a commendable addition to any woodworking toolkit.
- Is the Milwaukee 2739-20 M18 FUEL Miter Saw suitable for professional use?
Absolutely! Designed for professional carpenters, remodelers, and general contractors, this miter saw offers the power and precision required for demanding job site applications.
- Can I use standard Milwaukee M18 batteries with this miter saw?
Yes, the Milwaukee 2739-20 is compatible with the M18 REDLITHIUM battery system, providing the flexibility to use your existing M18 batteries.
- How does the cordless design impact the saw’s performance compared to corded models?
Despite being cordless, the 2739-20 delivers the power of 15-amp corded saws, ensuring robust performance without sacrificing mobility.
- What is the advantage of the adjustable stainless steel detent plate?
The adjustable detent plate allows for precise and customizable cutting angles, catering to the specific requirements of various woodworking projects.
- How many cuts can I expect per charge with the REDLITHIUM HIGH OUTPUT HD12.0 Battery?
The saw can deliver up to 330 cuts on a single charge with the REDLITHIUM HIGH OUTPUT HD12.0 Battery, providing ample power for extended use.
- What safety features does the 2739-20 Miter Saw include?
The miter saw incorporates safety features such as a cam-locking miter system, intuitive design, and thoughtful engineering to prioritize user safety during operation.
- Is the ONE-KEY compatibility a significant feature, and how does it benefit users?
ONE-KEY compatibility allows users to track and manage the tool through the ONE-KEY app, providing enhanced customization and an added layer of security for the tool.
- Can the Milwaukee 2739-20 handle large materials, such as crown molding?
Yes, the miter saw is equipped with tall sliding/removable fences that support large base and crown materials, making it versatile for a range of woodworking applications.
As we conclude our look at the Milwaukee 2739-20 M18 FUEL 12” Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw, it’s clear this tool is a game-changer for woodworkers. Its cordless design, precision engineering, and handy features like the adjustable detent plate and ONE-KEY compatibility make it stand out. Whether you’re a pro or a DIY enthusiast, the 2739-20 offers a solid combo of power, versatility, and safety. It’s not just a saw; it’s a reliable companion that helps you get the job done right.
Greetings! I'm Benjamin Brooks, and my journey over the past 15 years has revolved around the fascinating realms of content creation, expertise in snow clearing, and the intricate world of lumberjacking and landscaping. What began as a simple curiosity about the natural world and heavy machinery has evolved into a passionate profession where my love for crafting words intertwines seamlessly with my lumberjacking and garden skills.